Due to the Internet and electronic data processing, individuals may feel they are losing track of where their data is stored and for what purpose. The careful and secure handling of your data is important to us. Therefore, we would like to explain to you, as a visitor to our homepage, how retRO Online ensures the confidentiality of your personal data and respects your personal rights.
- Updating of the privacy declaration
Insofar as we introduce new products or services, change procedures or if Internet and EDP security technology develops further, the "privacy declaration" must be updated. We therefore reserve the right to amend or supplement the declaration as required. We will publish the change at this point. The current status is dated 01.01.2021.
- Name and address of the controller.
The controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other privacy laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a privacy nature is:
- Name and address of the privacy officer
The privacy officer of the controller is:
retRO Online privacy
- Collection and storage of personal data and the nature and purpose of their use
- When visiting the website
- When you visit our website, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
- IP address of the requesting computer,
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the file accessed,
- Website from which the access is made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
- The above data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a smooth connection setup of the website,
- Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
- Evaluation of system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
- When using our contact form
For questions of any kind, we offer you the possibility to contact us via a form provided on the website. This function is only available if you are logged in via your master account. Via this login, your inquiry will be assigned to your account ID so that we know from whom the inquiry originated and in order to be able to answer it. Additional information can be provided voluntarily.
Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is based on your voluntarily given consent according to Article 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. a GDPR.
The personal data collected by us for the use of the contact form will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
- Passing on of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only disclose your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent to this in accordance with Article 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims pursuant to Article 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data
- in the event that there is a legal obligation for disclosure pursuant to Article 6 (1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, as well as
- this is legally permissible and necessary according to Article 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b GDPR for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
In the cookie, information is stored that arises in each case in connection with the specific end device used. This does not mean, however, that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness, which are stored on your terminal device for a certain fixed period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it is automatically recognized that you have already been to our site and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Article 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
- Analysis tool
For the purpose of demand-oriented design and continuous optimization of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter "Google"). In this context, pseudonymized usage profiles are created and cookies (see under section 4) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as.Browser type/version,
operating system used,
Referrer URL (the previously visited page),
Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
Time of the server request,
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services related to website and internet use for the purposes of market research and demand-oriented design of these web pages. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be merged with other Google data. The IP addresses are anonymized so that an assignment is not possible (IP masking).
You can also prevent the collection of data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing a browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de).
As an alternative to the browser add-on, especially for browsers on mobile devices, you can also prevent the collection by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt-out cookie will be set, which prevents the future collection of your data when visiting this website. The opt-out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is stored on your device. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you must set the opt-out cookie again.
Further information on privacy in connection with Google Analytics can be found, for example, in the Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
- Social media plug-ins
We use social plug-ins of the social networks YouTube, Twitch and Discord on our website on the basis of Article 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR in order to make our content better known. The underlying promotional purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the GDPR. The responsibility for privacy-compliant operation is to be ensured by their respective providers. The integration of these plug-ins by us takes place by way of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website as best as possible.
We use the platform of the streaming service Twitch for our offer. The operating company of Twitch is Twitch Interactive, Inc., 225 Bush Street, 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104.
A streaming service is a platform operated on the Internet via which users can start video transmissions (streams) or watch the video transmissions of other users. As a rule, such platforms also allow the storage of such broadcasts (video on demand, VOD) on the platform for later, time-independent retrieval by users. Twitch also allows users to exchange messages in public chats during streams and via private messages, as well as networking via friend requests.
Each time one of the individual pages of this website operated by the controller is called up, on which a twitch component (twitch-stream) has been integrated, the internet browser on the information technology system of the data subject is automatically prompted by the respective twitch component to download a representation of the corresponding twitch component from twitch. Within the scope of this technical procedure, twitch receives knowledge about which specific subpage of our website is visited by the data subject. If the data subject is logged in to twitch at the same time, information is collected by twitch and assigned to the respective twitch account of the data subject.
We cannot influence the processing of your data by twitch. By using Twitch, you agree to the terms of service of the provider. We have no influence on these terms of service.
Twitch has submitted to the Privacy Shield agreement concluded between the European Union and the USA and has certified itself. Thereby, the provider commits to comply with the standards and regulations of European privacy law. You can find more information here:
We use the provider Discord for the notification of and communication with the user. Discord can be reached at www.discordapp.com and is located in San Francisco (USA).
We cannot influence the processing of your data by Discord. By using Discord, you agree to the terms of service of the provider. We have no influence on these terms of service.
Discord has submitted to the Privacy Shield agreement concluded between the European Union and the USA and has certified itself. By doing so, the provider undertakes to comply with the standards and regulations of European privacy law. You can find more information here:
- Comment function on this website
For the comment function on this site, in addition to your comment, information about the time of creation of the comment, your e-mail address and, if you do not post anonymously, the username you have chosen will be stored.
Our comment function stores the IP addresses of users who post comments. Since we do not check comments on our site before they are activated, we need this data to be able to act against the author in the event of legal violations such as insults or propaganda.
- SSL encryption
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests that you send to us as the site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line. If SSL encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
- Data subject rights
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, to immediately request the correction of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, to request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller;
- in accordance with Article 7 (3) GDPR, to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future; and
- complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Article 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office for this purpose.
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to transfer this data to another controller without hindrance by the controller to whom the personal data was provided, provided that
- the processing is based on consent pursuant to Article 6 (1) a GDPR or Article 9 (2) a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 (1) b GDPR and
- the processing is carried out with the help of automated procedures.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to obtain that the personal data concerning you be transferred directly from one controller to another controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. Freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this.
The right to data portability does not apply to processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to email@example.com .
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your residence, place of work or the place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you infringes the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and outcome of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 of the GDPR.
- Legal basis of processing
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing operations involving personal data, Article 6(1)(a) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a service for the data subject, Article 6(1)(b) GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary for the performance of pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as processing of personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, Article 6(1)(c) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the event that vital interests of the data subject or another natural person make processing of personal data necessary, Article 6(1)(d) GDPR serves as the legal basis.
If the processing is necessary to protect one of our legitimate interests or those of a third party, and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not override the former interest, Article 6(1)(f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing. Our legitimate interest lies in making our content available.
- Duration of the storage of personal data
Personal data is stored for the duration of the respective statutory retention period. After expiry of this period, the data is routinely deleted, unless it is necessary for the initiation or fulfillment of a contract.
- Data security
Within the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.